With a gazillion superhero movies on the horizon, it may be hard to keep track. Civil War is currently ravaging the box office and in less than a week X-Men: Apocalypse will be out. But don’t you worry about keeping track, I got you! I’ll keep you up to date on all the goings on of the superhero world. For example, the cast list for the third film in the Thor franchise has been released. here’s the list:
- Two time Academy Award actress Cate Blanchett as the villainess Hela
- My favorite actor from Jurassic Park, Jeff Goldblum as The Grandmaster
- Rising star Tessa Thompson as the heroine Valkyrie
- Dredd star Karl Urban as Skurge
- Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner/ The Hulk
- Chris Hemsworth as our favorite alien Thor
- Tom Hiddleston as our real favorite alien Loki
- Idris Elba (aka who I think should be the new James Bond) as Heimdall
- and Anthony Hopkins as the one, the only, ODIN
These are some very exciting announcements, especially that of Cate Blanchett. So many super good actors are in superhero movies these days. But there are a few things about this list to point out. First off, Natalie Portman is missing. Well that one’s easy to explain. Some weeks ago it was reported that Natalie would not be in the third Thor and many speculate that Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie will take her place as the main female lead. As for Sif and the Warriors Three, don’t worry. Jaimie Alexander (aka Sif) said herself that we shouldn’t be worried. So I’m gonna trust her.
What do you think about this list? Bummed about Nat not returning for the sequel? Talk about it in the comments and don’t forget to like, share, and follow Sprom for more news on Thor: Ragnorak and other things going on in the world of movie news.
Thor: Ragnorak comes to theaters November 3rd, 2017.